Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

"The Remains of the Day"

6"H x 6"W Original Oil on Raymar Canvas Panel
$95.00 Framed in plain black wooden frame.
S&H to your ZIP
To Purchase,email me at gloria@gloriajzucaro.com
I celebrated my birthday with my son, Louis, his wife Amy and their adorable 3 year old, Enzo.  They prepared a whole celebration for me with dinner and a delicious red velvet cake.  They insisted I take the remaining cake home with me even though they are three and and I am one.  So the next day when I went to the Mainstreet Art Centre to paint, I took the one-half remaining cake to share with my fellow artists.   However the plan was to paint it first.  So I got about two thirds of the way finished with the still life and it was break time.  We usually listen to an instructor talk about a specific painting subject like values or edges or about an artist that may be of interest.  We all gather around and have a cup of coffee or tea and whatever treats people have brought in.  I decided to share the cake at that time instead after lunch, because many of the morning artists would have left.  Well, the cake was really enjoyed...but it was now a small piece and I had begun the painting with one-half a cake.  When I went back to my painting, I just could not seem to finish it properly......so here are the remains of the day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.