Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Gloria J Zucaro's "Four Mediums"

Today I am posting a pastel, titled"Texas Meadow".  It is from a photo shared with me by my friend Jeanne Dale.  It may need some minor touches.  But I think it is  pretty much saying what I wanted to say.  I love the viewpoint. and the barbed wire.
12" x 9" Pastel on LaCarte Sanded Paper

Next is a watercolor.  The watercolor was one of my efforts in the Frank Francese workshop at Mainstreet Art Center.
"Homestead"   16" x 20" on 300 LB Wallis
   
The oil, "Siberia in May",  is from a photograph I took out of the window of the Trans-Siberian Railway on a trip from Moscow to Vladivostok in 2004 with my mother. 
 "Siberia in May"  14" x 11" Oil on Canvas
  
Such a beautiful and interesting country Russia!  The Western areas are European, then as we traveled across Siberia we entered the more Asian areas.  We ended in the very cultural city of Vladivostok.

Lastly is an acrylic still life I am doing in Sharron Boxenbaum's class.  It is not finished, as I would like to emphasize more light on the left, change the handle that fights with the edge, make the background more interesting and change the edgework on the top of the bowl.
"Fluted"  Acrylic on Canvas
16" x 12".
I am linking to "Paint Party Friday", Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.

23 comments:

  1. All of these are nice. I really like the pastel. I enjoy looking at the work of those who can draw and paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice. Thank you. I am glad you like the Texas Meadow pastel painting. Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. wow Gloria they are all such beautiful works, loving the colour palettes in all them, fab work again Gloria. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annette. I saw your wonderful post today with the many projects you've accomplished for the holidays. I look forward to seeing your new works in January.

      Delete
  3. gosh these are all so beautiful Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection..remind me of the French artists of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What terrific paintings. I especially like the second with those glorious deep colours, quite remarkable colours for a watercolour and it's a beautifully composed scene. And I very much like the second too, not my idea of Siberia at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila, watercolor is my weakest link because I started with acrylic and oil. They always start with darks. That watercolor was from a Frank Francese workshop. Here is a link to one of his websites that tells about the way he handles watercolor. http://www.ffrancese.com/Watercolor_Workshops.html Thank you for your encouragement.

      Delete
  6. Your paintings are wonderful! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous... I feel like you were influenced by the colour in Russia... Love all of these especially the Siberian one...wow stunning colours together! Your work is so tight these days... amazing to see how you've evolved! Stunning pieces....I could see this as a gallery show!

    Hugs Giggles

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherrie. I love variety, and maybe the time away from my art helped me "see" more clearly! :)

      Delete
  8. I like these beautiful paintings, congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your paintings. Your painting Texas Meadow is wonderful, such a great angle for this view along the fence line :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The perspective is what I really loved about it, too.

      Delete
  10. wow- these are all just gorgeous Gloria!! Your eye for lighting and perspectives is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you, Linda. I loved the photograph taken by my girlfriend in Texas.

      Delete
  11. These are all so beautiful Gloria! That trans siberian train has always appealed to me.
    Blessings
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved it. The trip was so well done. The MIr Travel Company is who we went with. The steam train engine that takes you on a short trip along Lake Baikal was made in American, the company is British, but all the staff on the train are Russian. The trip was 15 days.

      Delete
  12. This is a post full of wonderful work... Your love of colour shows through in all of them...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.