Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Gloria J Zucaro's "Starts"

Today I have two ZIA's for Laura's prompt of "only straight lines", in our tangles this week.  It was fun, like a limited palette in painting.  I will barely slip under the wire for posting them on her site.  It closes at noon on Saturdays.  Please enjoy the Diva's website and see a very creative group of tanglers!  I am also posting to Paint Party Friday, a huge amount of creative people there, also!
This first one I started in the center of the square, and as you can see, I didn't have it centered, or square!  But it was fun to watch it grow outward from there, even if it was very wonky!  Shown with its' reflection.
This second one is representing a quilt.  I drew it and put in all the stitches and cross-stitches and then ended up using colored Signo pens which obliterated many lines.  But I hope you get the idea!

My third project is the first block-in of an oil painting.  It is a landscape of a photo taken in Door County Wisconsin.  It actually has a cow in the foreground in the photo but I just wanted to do a landscape, so left the cow out.  I hope to finish this painting after my trip.  This is 8"x 10" on gallery wrapped 3/4 inch canvas.

Lastly I am sending a small birthday box to my sister-in-law.  It is a Crate & Barrel box that I painted with black acrylic and decorated with white acrylic.  I will put her card on the top for the address.


Have a good week!

Gloria




11 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely work this week, great tangles, and you have made a good start on your landscape. Love the box for your sister in law! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. I am looking forward to finishing my landscape.

      Delete
  2. beautiful variety of projects-love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice variety Gloria...love the revamped box.. so much fun to receive!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am more excited to hear what she says about that, than the small gifts inside!

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a busy week you've had. Fabulous art. The muse has been with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, thank you. The muse was trying to speak to me, but I am not sure I got the message! LOL! Some wonky line work!

      Delete
  5. Fab collection of work, love your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. i enjoyed your post this week also! :>)

      Delete
  6. You are so creative! I especially love the detail in that first pen and ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.