Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Gloria J Zucaro's "A Floral Bouquet for Frida"

I had fallen behind in posting so this is my second post today and the last project inspired by Friday Kahlo.  This project was led by Jane Lafazio. Jane did a wonderful drawing of flowers and then painted them with watercolor. Below is my version. I drew the flowers in ink, then used Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils to put the colors in my flowers. I then wet the pencil to make the effect of watercolor.  I did the background in yellows oranges and blues.  But when I wet it, it wasn't intense enough to make the flowers pop.  So I started added layers of inks in the same colors.  I also tried a stencil in a deep rose that was eventually mostly covered.  I added more pink to the blossoms and made the branch darker.  Then I splattered with white.  I like the final result.  I am really loving the ink because of the vibrant colors you can achieve.



And the final



4 comments:

  1. I was just looking at your last two posts of Frida inspired work and then you just posted this. The texture in your last post was wonderful. I think it's so hard to paint on that much texture. These flowers are just wonderful. Love the red background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty--something magical. A floating branch on the ruby background. Very nice. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous background. love it!!!.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.