Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Gloria J Zucaro's "Being Whimsical with Jodi Ohl"

Good morning.  Well, I have had my coffee, breakfast and watched parts of Sunday Morning as I took breaks to take down a few Christmas items and watch our next project video with CJS 2017
( tune in tomorrow for my next post).
I love Jodi Ohl's artwork!  Here is my version of her lesson on painting whimsical birds.   I don't know why I picked a rooster as my whimsical bird??  But here he is in all his glory.  Candy corn came to mind, and I eventually turned them into flowers or maybe growing candy corn is Mr. Rooster's hobby?  I certainly like all the colors they come in now.

Products I used. Ampersand Clayboard sealed with Clear Gesso.  Marks All pencils, Neocolor II Watercolor Crayons, Liquitex Paint Pens, Jet markers in black and white.  I tried some Gelatos, but that didn't work either. I had some trouble with getting any pencil to write on my surface, but the markers did the trick.  I did use the fixative at the end, since I had attempted mark making in some areas.  I plan to eventually spray with a gloss finish, too.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous happy and colorful rooster! Love it Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie. I really appreciate that you take the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, your roosteris a stunner! Loving his stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Vivian. I appreciate your comment!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.