Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Gloria J Zucaro's "Being Whimsical with Jodi Ohl"

Good morning.  Well, I have had my coffee, breakfast and watched parts of Sunday Morning as I took breaks to take down a few Christmas items and watch our next project video with CJS 2017
( tune in tomorrow for my next post).
I love Jodi Ohl's artwork!  Here is my version of her lesson on painting whimsical birds.   I don't know why I picked a rooster as my whimsical bird??  But here he is in all his glory.  Candy corn came to mind, and I eventually turned them into flowers or maybe growing candy corn is Mr. Rooster's hobby?  I certainly like all the colors they come in now.

Products I used. Ampersand Clayboard sealed with Clear Gesso.  Marks All pencils, Neocolor II Watercolor Crayons, Liquitex Paint Pens, Jet markers in black and white.  I tried some Gelatos, but that didn't work either. I had some trouble with getting any pencil to write on my surface, but the markers did the trick.  I did use the fixative at the end, since I had attempted mark making in some areas.  I plan to eventually spray with a gloss finish, too.


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous happy and colorful rooster! Love it Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie. I really appreciate that you take the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, your roosteris a stunner! Loving his stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She had coffe in cup. In the sunday morning this activities were happening. Video was there of project. Fix Lag In Next post is about to show. Bird's painting is in blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.