Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Let The Tone Show Challenge "Fall-N-Leaves"

8"H x 8"W  Original Oil 
$75.00 Unframed/ $90.00 Framed in plain black wooden frame.
NLA

Unframed/Framed
         Thank you Ann, for this exciting challenge.  I have admired many of your peek-a-boo paintings and now a great challenge.  I started with a background tone of an acrylic paint called Hotshots Fluorescent Acrylics in Fiery Red.  Then came the olive green in random brush strokes, then the dark maple leaf forms with much of the red showing through.  Next came my favorite, turquoise leaves, some more touches of green in a lighter value, and some brush strokes of alizarin crimson,cobalt and dioxine purple in the dark leaves.  I really had fun doing something totally different today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.