Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Water Ways in Oil

 Connecting to Paint Party Friday, FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram.  Enjoy all the artist displaying their art this week on Paint Party Friday.

A sunny and warmer than we have had lately in Chicagoland.

This is an oil painting on a piece of canvas.  I did this while learning different water effects from Susan Ploughe.  I think I need a little more "umph" in the distant sky, but otherwise I like it.

Click on image to enlarge for detail.
Water Ways
Oil on canvas
8 x 10

18 comments:

  1. I love landscape paintings and this is a true beauty!
    Happy PPF 🎨

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a serene scene and quite beautiful Gloria. happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful painting 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is gorgeous, it's such a beautiful scene. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an amazing image.
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought when I saw your painting was... "I wish I could walk there." Which is a HUGE compliment. You've caught something--a feeling, a sense of place which is rare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is excellent!!!. I kind of like how the back sky fades out. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful... a restful and soothing scene. Happy PPF Gloria :D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, everyone for your kind comments. I got interrupted with my Thank you's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is like a dream...I can hear how the water flows but otherwise it so quiet...aaaah...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much as you have been willing to share information with us. We will forever admire all you have done here because you have made my work as easy as ABC. οικιακά φίλτρα νερού

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.