Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gloria J Zucaro's "An Afternoon with Cat Scanlon"

January 20th CJS 2017 had Catherine Scanlon as the presenter.  She talked to us about "mark making" and how to in corporate it into our collage under layers of our paintings and then again at the end.   Our final project over our collage was flowers. I see that next time I will have to make my marks a little darker on the collage background.  But I am happy with my marks over the top after doing the flowers and background.  And I can see the collage through my flower petals.  
My quote for the day is from Marianne Williamson-"A tulip doesn't strive to impress anyone-there's room in the garden for every flower".

5 comments:

  1. Love that the marking making shows through the petals, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the depth your flowers have as well and I love the white circles on the background

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the background on this piece. I left the background in my giant sunflower but this is inspiring me to revisit. Like how you outlined the flowers as well.

    Anne in Jaffray BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty unless you knew the process you'd never guess it!! Love these so much!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.