Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Old Mill Challenge "Sunset & Twilight"

8"H x10"W Oil on Utrecht Canvas Board  This painting is available through the Daily Paintworks Auction site.  Bidding starts at $47.00 and 10% will be donated breast cancer research.  The "47" project is in response to a challenge by Kimberly Conrad from Contemporary Fine Art International.  All are welcome to join in the challenge. 

The challenge this week is presented by Jean Nelson.  I chose to do it in a triadic color scheme.  I first toned the canvas with cad red medium.  After it dried I proceeded with a triadic color scheme of cad orange, viridian, and manganese violet letting the toned background show through for a sunset feel to the painting....my favorite time of day with landscapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.