Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

"Only 25 Points" The Balance Challenge


8.5"H x 9"W  Pastel on Sanded Paper
This painting is up for auction on the Daily Paintworks site.  Go to "All Artists" and look for my name alphabetically.  You can also find it under the Balance Challenge category.http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Challenge/28AF0AA5-636B-4840-9E08-F08BE8084FE5

This is my second entry into The Balance Challenge put up by Carol Marine at the Daily Paintworks site.  It took me longer than I thought to get it finished because of the detail.  Also this picture doesn't seem to show as much light and shadow as the actual painting.  I just got Photoshop elements, so adjusting to using it after using Adobe Photoshop since my first "buy" in 1992!   I learned to play Mahjong about 6 years ago.  I had bought a set on eBay because I loved the floral tiles.  The game had some blank tiles, so I ordered stickers for them to be the joker tiles.  I never learned to play until a friend bought into a retirement village in Florida,learned and came back in the Summer and taught a few of us how to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.