Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

"The Present" and The Past Challenge

In Private Collection
                               8"H x 10"W     Oil on canvas board

                                This is the latest Daily Paintworks Challenge.  Wrap up a present and paint it.  Well, as it happens today is my birthday and on Tuesday afternoon a box arrived from my ex-sister-in-law.  I opened the box and this lovely present was in it.  So I painted the gift box along with the really beautiful card.  The card has sparkles on it...I just love anything that sparkles.  After a Thai dinner at my son's house tonight with my daughter-in-law and my adorable grandson, age three, we opened presents.  In this box there was a beautiful little bird, actually about life size and a wonderful candle with a bird, nest and flowers reverse painted on the glass.  Two additions to my collection for future paintings.  Although I don't get to see my sister-in-law much anymore, I always think of her fondly and remember the good times we had together when we were as close as true sisters.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...talk about timing, Gloria! Belated happy birthday!
    Love the painting. Especially the diaphanous ribbon so perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.