Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gloria J Zucaro's "A Nod To Heroes"

This week I have been sick with a bad cold, so only did The Diva Challenge you saw in my post on Tuesday, and these ATC cards for our monthly meeting theme of "Heroes". The first thing that came to mind as heroes were the men and women in our armed services. I also did a card of our first 13 colonies flag.  Those brave people got our county on its' path to greatness.  So here are my ATCs for the theme, in alphabetical order.  This is also my entry into Paint Party Friday . Be sure to check out all these links for the wonderful artwork from around the world.
They are all done in ink with Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencil accents.
U. S. Air Force Artist Trading Card
2.5"H x 3.5"W

U. S. Army Artist Trading Card
2.5"H x 3.5"W

U. S Coast Guard Artist Trading Card
2.5"H x 3.5"W

U. S. Marines Artist Trading Card
2.5"H x 3.5"W

U. S. Navy Artist Trading Card
2.5"H x 3.5"W

"Thirteen" Artist Trading Card
2.5"H x 3.5"W

17 comments:

  1. Love your ATCs. What a wonderful way to use the theme Hero. Well done. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria, these are beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you make any military person proud! Nicely done!!! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, feel better soon dear lady!! Lots of rest and fluids!! Wonderful art tribute to Heroes!! Very good job!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! Hope you get over your cold soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent composition, I love for its beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great work despite a cold... feeling a bit bad that you might have caught it from me as I was coughing and spluttering last week when i visited... feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely ATCs!
    What a wonderful tribute to these heroes. :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent ATCs! great idea to honor the troops ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tribute, beautifully done! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great ATC's. My foster son is preparing to enter the service. My heart goes out to all of our brave service men and women and their families. HOpe your cold is better. happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better! These are such a wonderful way to honor heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ATCs!~ What a great tribute to our armed forces. I hope you are feeling better! Have a great week and thank you for stopping by to visit my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh the cold! We had one as well in this house and it was awful. Love these ATCs. :) Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work as always...love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.