Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gloria J Zucaro's "On The Square"

3.5 " Square Ink Design on Watercolor Paper
$4.00 unframed starting bid on Daily Paintworks auction.  $1.50 S&H

This is my entry into the challenge offered by Laura on The Diva site.  We are starting on Tuesday this week instead of Monday because of the Labor Day holiday.  The featured tangle pattern is called "Copada" this was an original design made by Margaret Bremner. It is the one above that has the shapes inside a band that look like the cupola of a Russian or Greek building.  I have used three or four other tangles to compliment Margaret's' design.  To see the design Margaret drew with her pattern go to Enthusiastic Artist Blogspot.  And be sure to stop by the Diva site(link above) to see all the other artists use of "Copada"


12 comments:

  1. Nice! I like how you alternated filling the 'arches'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautifully. I love the tangles you chose to complement it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely tile - I love how you alternated the inside of Copada :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the Copada is peeking through the tile--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. You inspire me to look at some of the zentangle patterns out there instead of - or maybe in addition to - my random doodles.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delicate and beautiful your lines are in this tangle! Lovely use of copada!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks really interesting...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice, I like your variation of copada, only filling in every other space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layers and depth! You did a wonderful job with copada-I think the background ribbon looks like a combo copada/coaster tangle! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you left some of copada empty, and the way they mold into the space within your string.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.