Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gloria J Zucaro's "Auraknot & Bunzo Challenge"


Every Monday Laura Harms at "I am the diva" posts a new Zentangle challenge.  This weeks challenge is a duo tangle of Auraknot and Bunzo.  We have done each of these before, but not in concert.

I used strings that had the shape of hearts for Valentines' Day and did my tangle on a 4"H x 6"W greeting card.  I first did it in Black and White and then in watercolor with all the Bunzo areas in fushia and red.  The Auraknot areas stand out in their starkness.




  
I also made another thank you card.  This one for my neighbor who gave me, for Christmas, some delicious pretzels with white chocolate kisses melted inside and green and red M & M's on top.


                            

 

14 comments:

  1. I love the color. Nice contrast with the Bunzo areas colored and the Auraknot left in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realize they were the same piece before and after color. I love the hidden heart in the B&W version, but also how fun it looks with color. I enjoy how we both had hearts and the same two patterns but such different results, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Love how you've approached this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. And what a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colored heart one! Perfect for V Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on these. The color makes the Auraknot stand out but do not get the fun of looking for the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! You really made this challenge sing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good that you used colors, your auraknots come alive in the colored version. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing how your zentangle change, when you colored them in! and what a yummy thankyou card....nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your Valentine tangle, especially the colored version. The feeling of the floating hearts is amazing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice - I love when bunzo isn't just background. Love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little color and what a difference....love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.