Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Gloria J Zucaro's "Coastal Light"

Today my oil painting is linked to "A Day Not Wasted" .   The March challenge from professional photographer Lee A Brown is a photograph he took while he and his wife were traveling along the Northern Coast of Ireland.  
I am also linking to The Hoffman Estates Art League.  The president of the League, Sharron Boxenbaum has challenged us to paint with a limited palette of red, blue, yellow and white for our March 6th meeting.  I picked Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Cad Yellow Light and Ultramarine Blue for this painting. 
10" Square Oil on Artist Quality Canvas Panel
$100.00 plus S&H
Click on image to enlarge.
My third link is to the Daily Paintworks challenge for the week of "The Bright Path Challenge".    We are to visualize that which inspires us.  I like the picture I chose for several reasons.  I love the coast with its' panoramic view, its' intense sunlight on the sides of the Church which seems symbolic, the bucolic view of the fields surrounding the old churchyard, the peacefulness of  the whole area.  These are things that feed my soul.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the light.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the high key palette. Your sunshine truly glows. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! it's a great reminder about how much you can really get out of a limited palette. Beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.