Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

"I've Fallen Behind and I Can't Catch Up!"

This week real life had to be attended to so I got behind in my Creative Jumpstart 2016.  The week of Picasso inspired projects was from January 19 through the 24th.  I am posting my last project first and then the final pictures from each project before it. This morning is the last day of Jumpstart 2016 and it has been wonderful.  What a great experience!  I had so much fun and learned so much. Thank you Nathalie Kalbach and all the participating artists who led the demos.  I still have the week of projects on Anselm Kiefer to do but the project videos are mine forever, so no problem catching up as I can.  I also started Jodi Ohl's class "Dirty Flirty Birds" on the 20th, but had to stop with those for this past week, too.  I will be able to more forward with both classes, now that gathering tax papers, getting car stickers, complaining in person to Comcast, and on the phone to Apple, moving furniture for deliveries,paying bills, etc. has passed! 
I am linking to Paint Party Friday, so take a look at that site which offers creative endeavors from many talented artists.
Picasso Peacock Led By Miriam Schulman
Stage one, background paint, then collaged papers with drawing of Peacocks.

Gessoed over Peacock, added green oil pastel in background

Stenciled "spines",added lines in headdress, blue ink on bodies

Added "eyes" to spines and eyes to Peacocks in white paint.
Added white "V's" on spines, red beaks, lines in background, yellow, red and white in all eyes

Picasso Fish Collage with Gwen Lafleur

Tulip Painting with Catherine Scanlon

Two-Layer Cardboard Picasso with Marsha Valk

Picasso Fragmented Objects with Nathalie Kalbach

Have a wonderful week and Thank You for stopping by.  Please leave a comment if you are so inclined.  Gloria









10 comments:

  1. Oh my Gloria , these are fabulous art projects!! And those tulips- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda I used ink and acrylic paint on the tulips and am really liking the vibrancy of the ink.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You really are busy! I like all the art you shared here but my favorite is the Picasso Fragmented Objects. Very unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. Yes, that project was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. This is really beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely--the tulips look real! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so wonderful but I love the last one in all it's colour glory and pattern!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so colorful and warm. It raises mood for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous projects. Love the colorful peacocks.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous projects!!! So glad you liked the class!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.