Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Gloria J Zucaro's "One Day In March"

My painting today has gone through a complete transformation.  It was much more intense in color, as my paintings seem to be.  But I wasn't satisfied with it because although I love strong color, it wasn't saying what I wanted to remember and tell you about.  
One day last March I was out on some rural back roads taking photos of barns and fields. It was our typical very gray, cold, damp and windy March day. Suddenly I came upon a patch of exposed dried grass and a beautiful old barn with several coats of peeling paint. I loved it immediately because I am partial to pale aqua/blue.  The warmth of the layers of paint brightened up the whole field! 
I am posting to Paint Party Friday.  Thank you Eva and Kristin.  
If I don't see you again until the new year, have a wonderful Christmas, or Holiday of your persuasion. 
"One Day In March"
Oil on Gallery-wrapped Canvas
16"H x 20"W

26 comments:

  1. Fantastic painting, I love to see old barns and houses, too, and here you have caught the spirit of the place really well. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so serene and I just love the paint work on that old barn! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely piece, it looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. Yes, I find the rural areas feel that way.

      Delete
  4. Very atmospheric painting ~ you can see and feel the wind and cold of March ~ lovely ~ dynamic ~ thanks,

    Wishing you peace in your days ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol. That is a wonderful compliment.

      Delete
  5. Stunning! And perfect for the Holiday season. I think your crumbling paint on the barn brings a vibrancy to the grayness of a winter day. Wishing you a happy holiday season. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. It was a surprise to come upon it on a gray day.

      Delete
  6. I would've loved to see this in real life. You painted it so beautifully, I love how you did the peeling paint. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gloria! I LOVE this painting - the colors, the mood, the feel. Really nice! My husband (who is also a painter) likes it too. Thanks for sharing it and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful Gloria, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you write about that day taking photos...it was you or someone else I remember? This is so gorgeous...I love the turquoise peeking out giving it a beautiful texture, looking like paint wearing off...a truly stunning work of art!! Merry Christmas Gloria...have a wonderful holiday!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish you a wonderful Christmas with your family.

      Delete
  10. You captured that old barn perfectly... and the cold, grey day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous and such mood evoked in the sky colors. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking me there, by way of your lovely painting

    Happy Holidays

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous peeling paint effect. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you succeeded to paint the gloomy effect of weather brilliantly dear!
    it is CAPTIVATING !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Especially the atmospheric sky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful painting, I love how you achieved that old, peeling effect on that barn with those gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice art blog and very wonderful paintings !!!
    Happy New Year 2017 !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.