Pages

Friday, February 24, 2017

Gloria J Zucaro's " Saturday Workshop with Laura-Lein Svencner".

This past Saturday an artist friend and I enjoyed a one-day workshop with Laura-lein Svencner and 8 other artists. Laura makes beautiful abstract collages that include handmade papers, thread, beads, and organic matter. But the focus for this workshop was abstract landscape collage.  It was so wonderfully organized!  All we brought was our lunch!  Laura had all the supplies for making our own papers and then designing our landscapes from them and heat-tacking them together on watercolor paper.
We each received a large zip-lock bag that held all the papers we would transform with paint, templates and polymer, each picking our own palette and two pieces of watercolor paper to attach our landscapes to. We had taped the edges so that when we removed the tape we had a wonderfully clean white mat effect.
Below are my two finished abstract landscape collages.
I am linking with Paint Party Friday.  Have a great week.~gloria
                    
                     Number One                          Number Two

20 comments:

  1. this sounds like it was extremely fun and your abstracts turned out great! Visiting from PPF. Have a lovely upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, sounds like an awesome workshop! Love your pallette of course!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work, and that sounds like a workshop I would have liked to attend. The cats painting on my blog is from Franz Marc. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely to be able to attend such a workshop. Your works are really thrilling to see. I love all the colours chosen and each collage is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would love to do a workshop like this! Your two pieces are great, love the colour combinations and the choice of papers in both of them... I am now wondering what "heat-tacking" is .... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Gloria!!! I would have loved to attend that workshop. I hope to see more of these-you have a great eye for color and composition. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive paintings. They both are very well done.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful and inspirational ideas you have created...gorgeous!!!

    Happy PPF
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are beautiful! I think you made some wonderful abstract artwork! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful abstracts and a fun workshop Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh what a wonderful class. These are fabulous Gloria. It is nice to go to a class where all you need is your lunch. Have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These a beautiful and it sounds like an interesting technique. Also sounds like you had fun! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this sounds like so much fun and I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love handmade papers. I'm sure you had a very creative day, cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow! I love all the textures and interesting patterns in your abstract landscape compositions. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun idea! The results are charming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Gloria - what fun! I love them both

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.