Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2020

January 7 Project with CJS 2020

January 7th's project is with Birgit Koopsen. Her SUPER POWER is Mixed Media Gelli Prints.  I was trying to do my first one and made a lot of mistakes!

I made the mistake of going back and forth watching the video and then going to do my gelli painting. So the paint was dry by the time I got the paper to print on.  

But not to get defeated I tried spraying cardstock with water and letting it be damp, with the Gelli resting on it.  That didn’t work.

Next I remembered that if you cover the surface with clear shipping tape, the kind that is about 2 inches wide, it totally cleans off your gelli plate. So I got some dry computer paper and I covered the surface of the gelli completely with tape. Then I carefully lifted the tape off and applied it in one piece to the clean dry paper. It worked! I have a tape print! My painting composition is too equally divided, but next time I will know how to do this and be more asymmetrical and interesting. What a neat technique! 



7" x 5"

11 comments:

  1. Nice work, glad you learned something new

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic piece Gloria, and a great idea with the gelli plate transfer. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie. Yes, this technique has so many possibilities!

      Delete
  3. Oohhhh this is so pretty Gloria. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Even with the mistakes, it was a really interesting and fun project.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of that technique before, but it looks very interesting! Your piece is very dramatic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Gloria. Happy New Year

    Much❤🎨❤love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.