Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Collage and Cards.

This was somewhat of a slow week art-wise.  I have been uninspired as of late and have only done art in classroom situations, except if it comes to doing something for a grandchild.  Maybe it is the soggy and gray days---Spring is coming---eventually!

I have two collage pieces one 5 x 7 in my sketchbook, and one on a 6 x 6 piece of wood. In Karen Sako's class we were to pick at random three papers from a magazine, old homework notebooks, a music workbook and maps and then proceed. We could add whatever else we wanted to after gluing down our papers.


I call this one "Finger Pointing".


In this piece I was inspired by the two arrows on the homework page.  Then I saw a brown bag with an arrow also.  That is my "Theme".

This is the card. The areas top and bottom are the table it was on. I wanted a square format, as I sometimes post to Instagram.  I made this card for my nine year old Grandson who also loves Pugs-two weeks ago I posted an elephant card for him.  The incentive for the card is a letter I received from him.  His class at school had to write a handwritten letter to someone, and then the school asked that recipients return a handwritten letter to the school, and the student will read it aloud in class.  If you enlarge by clicking, you will see the two old dictionary descriptions for the word "Dog" and for "Pug".  I got the photo from images on Google and coated the back and front with Blick Polymer Acrylic, so it would be less likely to wrinkle when glued down.  I also used "Yes" paste which has less water content, and that also helps in a smooth application.

Have a wonderful week and Happy PPF to you and a big thank you to our hostesses, Eva and Kristin.    
I always feel happy when you leave comments or ask questions...
 ðŸ˜€Gloria



17 comments:

  1. Lovely collage pieces this week Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice art this week even if it was a slow art week. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole. I am glad you are in remission! Great news.

      Delete
  3. Interesting and special collages Gloria! And such a cute card for your grandson. Thanks for the tips on how to glue it down without wrinkles. I often struggle with that ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Your intuitive work is so beautiful! Thank you for your comments.

      Delete
  4. "finger pointing" - a perfect title to a great composition! Love the pug too:) Happy PPF!
    PS seems many of us are longing for Spring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Linda to being envious of people who escape every year to warmer climes, but I actually don't want to distance myself from family for months at a time. Thanks you.

      Delete
  5. Finger pointing..how perfect is that right now!! Wonderful work...I think I recognize that profile too!! How wonderful that your grandson picked you!! He knew you'd write back...love the pug!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a slow week at all, Gloria. What wonderful pieces of art you have made! The pug is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faye. I am glad you enjoyed my post this week.

      Delete
  7. Books have always been interesting to people as they bring out different emotions of people. They make you laugh, cry, they educate you or make you think about the meaning of life. websites

    ReplyDelete
  8. India's US$40b education market is experiencing a surge in investment. Capital, both local and international, and innovative legal structures are changing the face of this once-staid sector. The Article discusses about the much needed private participation (domestic as well as foreign) in the Indian education sector. Question Bank 2021

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the need for an individualistic educational psychology emphasizing on the central role of the learner Education and psychology are related in more than just one way and the psychology of education could be related to educational principles in psychology or how education as a discipline is taught within psychology as a subject and how these two disciplines merge. This is primarily the focus of educational psychology which studies how human learning occurs, what ways of teaching are most effective, what different methods should be used to teach gifted or disabled children and how principles of psychology could help in the study of schools as social systems. Model Question Paper 2021

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. I so appreciate hearing from you.